Functional Electrical Stimulation: Applications in Rehabilitation FESAiR was founded in July, 2005 during the 10th Annual Conference of the International Functional Electrical Stimulation Society (IFESS). After scientific presentations on a wide variety of FES topics, four like-minded physiotherapists (the organizers of this course) identified a need to publicize the worldwide developments in FES technology & related research and to create a forum for the exchange of information, knowledge and expertise related to FES applications in physiotherapy and rehabilitation. The goals of FESAiR are therefore:
- to foster communication, co-operation and collaboration between physiotherapists and scientists/engineers involved in FES technology development;
- to promote the adoption and application of proven FES techniques in physiotherapy clinical practice;
- to highlight new FES devices in the marketplace and current research related to these devices;
- to respond to enquiries from physiotherapists, researchers and consumers seeking information on FES treatments and initiatives;
- to support the efforts of the International FES Society in its mission to “ promote research, application and understanding of electrical stimulation as it is utilized in the field of medicine”.