The purpose of IFESS is to to promote the research, applications and understanding of functional electrical stimulation (FES) as it is utilized in the field of medicine, through meetings, tutorials, publications, and the exchange of information.
- Therefore, IFESS organizes its annual IFESS conference for more than 25 years. Here is more information on the conferences in the past.
- Access a list of forthcoming events following this link.
- The next IFESS conference will be in Singapore in September 2023.
- IFESS co-organizes and contributes also to other conferences, workshops and events.
- Moreover, IFESS awards the best three papers submitted and presented at IFESS conferences by IFESS student members (Vodovnik Award).
- IFESS recognize the partnership between researchers and volunteer participants required to move research from the laboratory to the community (Bohdan V. Olijnyk Research Participant Award).