Critical Care units have been vastly overstretched during the COVID-19 pandemic. Mechanical ventilation is associated with acquired weakness in the muscles of breathing and locomotion.
What is the role for Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) to maintain muscle during Critical Care and in the following rehabilitation phase?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various strategies for diaphragm pacing?
Professor Jonathan Jarvis, Liverpool, UK
- Dr Conor Keogh, Oxford, UK
- Dr Francisco Saavedra, Concepcion, Chile
- Dr Tony Ignagni, Synapse Biomedical Inc., USA
- Professor Ian Swain, Bournemouth, UK
- Doug Evans, CEO of Lungpacer Medical Inc., Canada
Join the session at IFESS 2021 on 23 September 2021, 10.00-11.30 CEST.