Join the International Functional Electrical Stimulation Society today!
Membership in IFESS is open to all qualified individual persons, organizations, or other entities interested in the field of electrical stimulation. Applicants should contact the Secretary of IFESS.
Values and benefits
- Contribute to the promotion of the research, applications and understanding of functional electrical stimulation (FES) as it is utilized in the field of medicine, through meetings, tutorials, publications, and the exchange of information.
- Be first-hand informed about the scientific, technological and clinical state of the art and best practices in electrical stimulation and related fields.
- Get discounts for our conferences (with free published proceedings) and workshops, and for events from partner organisations.
- Participation in online workshops and webinars and access to recorded events are free.
- Receive invitations to high impact journal special issues.
- Have the opportunity to join the IFESS Clinician Map.
- Join the IFESS Members Map and find collaborators.
- We promote your events and publications on social media.
- Use the new IFESS Forums to consult with experts in your area.
Regular Membership: Open to any individual person with a professional degree (Bachelors or Higher) working in a research, educational, commercial, or clinical environment, and directly or indirectly concerned with Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES). Regular Membership entitles the holder to vote in all elections.
Student Membership: Open to any individual person with full-time student status at a recognized degree-granting institution. A certificate of the full-time student status must be submitted annually. Student Membership does not have voting privileges.
Honorary Member: A special category of membership (non-voting, exempt from dues) that is granted to individuals who may fall outside of the above categories, who have made a special contribution to the advancement of FES, including contributions from a non-scientific or non-medical point of view. Honorary Memberships are bestowed upon recommendation of the executive board and approval by a majority of voting members. Honorary Membership does not have voting privileges.
Life Member: A special category of regular membership in which the member pays a substantial single dues amount representing a lifelong commitment to the Society and is entitled to lifelong membership at no additional cost thereafter. Life Membership entitles the holder to vote in all elections.
Continuing membership requires payment of annual renewal fees. General membership (€50/year) and student membership (€30/year) are for a calendar year, i.e. from the 1st of January till the 31st of December of the current year. All fees are in Euros.
If you are interested in becoming an IFESS member, please press the “Sign up!” button of one of the three options below and fill in the form that will open then. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Individual professionals working with FES
Full-time students at a recognized degree-granting institution
Lifelong membership at no additional cost thereafter